How do I buy a gun online?
Purchasing a gun online is not difficult, although the first time can be confusing. It is the same as purchasing anything else online, with one difference – the firearm is shipped to another Federally licensed firearm dealer (FFL) in your area, rather than your home. If this is your first time purchasing a gun online, here are some very easy steps to follow:
- 1) Find the gun you want, add it to the cart, and proceed to the checkout page. About halfway down the checkout page, there’s a box where you can provide your FFL dealer info (we just need their business name and phone number). If you haven’t yet decided which dealer you would like the firearm shipped to, you can skip this step for now, and submit your order.
- 2) To locate an FFL dealer in your area who will handle the transfer, you can do a Google search for “FFL Dealer (your zip code)”, OR, you can visit the following sites to find FFL dealers in your area. PLEASE NOTE: We are not affiliated with these websites- they are simply an online resource for locating FFL dealers in your area. We STRONGLY suggest you give the dealer a call and verify they are still in business and accepting transfers, and make sure their transfer fee is acceptable to you:
- – http://www.fflregistry.com/
- – http://fflgundealers.net/
- 3) Once you’ve found a list of FFL dealers in your area, it’s a VERY GOOD IDEA to call a few of them and ask what they charge to do a transfer (their “Transfer Fee”). Ask if this fee includes the background check, or if there’s any additional fees on top of this.
Please Note: The industry average for a transfer fee is about $30, but some states are much higher (looking at you, California). It’s in your best interest to call several places until you find a fee you are happy with.
- 4) Once you’ve found a transfer dealer, give us a call or reply to your Order Confirmation e-mail with their business name and phone number.
- 5) That’s it! We’ll take care of the rest.
Do you sell ammo or reloading supplies?
No, at this time we do not stock or sell ammo or reloading supplies. We are also unable to special-order any.
What about accessories, optics, or holsters?
Not at this time. 99.9% of our business is just guns, and we do not have wholesale access to the accessory end of the market. We are also unable to special-order any.
Do you take special orders?
We have access to tens of thousands of firearms, and are more than willing to take special orders. Please give us a call at 1-866-471-4867 and let us know what you are looking for.
Alternately, you can send us a message through the Contact Us page with a detailed description of what you are looking for, and we will reply within 24 hours with availability and prices.
How soon will my order be shipped?
Orders placed through our TSS Warehouse website are generally shipped within 3-5 business days, assuming your dealer is able to quickly send us a copy of their FFL.
How long will my gun take to get here?
We ship all handguns via USPS Priority Mail, normally taking no more than 3 business days to anywhere in the lower 48 states. Long guns are shipped via UPS Ground, and usually take no more than 3-4 business days.
With that in mind, sometimes delays do happen, so please be patient and keep an eye on your tracking number.
Can I purchase a gun on the website and pick it up locally?
Yes you can, just select “Local Pickup” during checkout. Please be aware that we are required to charge UT Sales Tax (6.85%) on any orders picked up locally. We must also perform a background check at the time of pickup, and there is a fee of $7.50 for the background check unless you have a Utah Concealed Firearm Permit, in which case the fee is waived.
Also, please note that handguns may only be picked up locally by Utah residents. If you are not a Utah resident, you may only pick up long guns locally (some restrictions may apply).
Do you have a layaway program?
We do offer a 30-day layaway program. We require an initial payment of 50% of the total purchase price, which will hold the firearm for 30 days. At the end of the first 30 days, the remaining balance is due. Please note: If for any reason you cancel a layaway plan, or are more than five days past due on any payment and you cannot be reached, we reserve the right to cancel your order and re-list the item. Additionally, you will be charged a 15% order cancellation/ restocking fee, unless other arrangements have been made in writing with Tooele Shooting Supply, LLC. Please note: occasionally, products may be put on sale, and prices may fluctuate due to changes in market demand and wholesale pricing. When you place an item on layaway, we will honor the price of the firearm at the time it was placed on layaway. We are not able retroactively discount products that are currently on layaway.
I don’t like my gun, can I return it?
The short answer is Yes, with a re-stocking fee, assuming you have not accepted the transfer from your dealer. Please read our Terms and Conditions page for complete return policy.
I noticed something wrong with your website, what should I do?
Please tell us through the Contact Us page! We want to know what’s broken.
Do you offer Law Enforcement or Military discounts?
Unfortunately no. In order to compete on a national level, our prices are already listed as low as we can go.
Do you sell used guns?
No, only new. All of our guns are brand new in box, with full manufacturer warranties, paperwork, etc.
Do you take trades?
Unfortunately no, unless you have something incredibly rare or awesome that we want for personal use.
Do you ship to California, or other restrictive States?
If the firearm is legal where you live, or your dealer is willing and able to modify it to make it legal, then we will ship there. Including California.